In preparation for Project Seven, I’ll be reading 7 books in 7 days. Not just any 7 books on my Goodreads ‘to-read’ list (where my book nerds at?!). These books were chosen because they all hold some knowledge-nuggets that will hopefully help my through the rest of my Project Seven journey over the next 7 weeks.
Here’s my reading list for this week:
1. This is It & Other Essays on Zen & Spiritual Experience – Alan Watts
2. Walden & Civil Disobedience – Henry David Thoreau
3. Drinking Molotov Cocktails with Gandhi – Mark Boyle
4. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life – Barbara Kingsolver
5. Captains of Consciousness: Advertising and the Social Roots of the Consumer Culture – Stuart Ewen
6. The Emergent Agriculture: Farming, Sustainability and the Return of the Local Economy – Gary Kleppel
7. The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative – Florence Williams
My next update will be some key take-aways from these lovely specimens and how I think they’ll impact the rest of my journey.
Have you read these books before? What did you gain from them and what did you think was lacking? What other books should I add to the Project Seven book reading list?